29 May 2014

Stella’s Testimony

In 2008, my late husband Peter and I were honoured to accompany Johan and Alta to Windhoek, where Johan presented a conference for pastors and church leaders, to introduce the AFMIN ON10 program.  In 2011 the first ON10 School was held.  In May 2014, I was privileged to once again accompany Johan and Alta, this time to Okahandja, where I assisted with general admin and data capturing, in preparation for the Graduation in September 2014.  This was a dream come true, as I worshipped with the Students and got to know and chat with them. 

The Lord also ministered to me on a personal level, in various ways, while in Namibia.  I have longed to visit the ASAB River where the Lord met with Johan and Alta in a very special way in 2010.  Moses had the burning bush, Jacob had Beth-el and Daniel had an upstairs window that faced towards Jerusalem.  There are many Biblical examples of places where God met with people.  So I have always been keen to see ASAB but never expected an encounter with God.  ASAB became my place of total surrender.  With all the events in my life over the past 6 months, when my husband was diagnosed with incurable cancer, nursing and encouraging him to the end, at the same time running his business and so many decisions to make…. at ASAB, God said “surrender everything to me, I have a greater plan”.  Throughout the week, He continued to speak to me through prophetic word from people who do not know me and yet spoke about things in my heart, through a recorded message, through His Word and directly to me. And then of course there was the desert…. where one can see much further than one is used to.  Actually, one can see as far as one’s own eyes will allow….and the Lord said, “Focus your eyes, allow Me to show you great and wonderful things which you do not yet know”.

 

No comments: